Saturday, October 12, 2013

Homecoming

Hello my little virtual friends! I'm so sorry for not posting on Tuesday, but as I promised, I have an extra special post for you all today!
It's that time of the year ladies, the time when we all hope "homecoming" is written across our cars or even texted to us by our special friends, and even though I'm not going, I thought it would be fun to give you all some homecoming outfit ideas! I asked my dear friend Miranda to model these outfits for me and because she loved one of them so much, she decided to wear it to homecoming herself! I organized these four outfit ideas and labeled them with the appropriate names just so that you all could recognize them without them all being all muddled together.
Now let's begin..
1. A 70's Homecoming: 
I loved the idea of maybe taking this outfit a little down the retro path, and I absolutely loved the outcome. Miranda wore a thrift shop dress that I cut (it used to be way to long), my mom's retro pink heels, and a big blue pendent from World Market.  I loved this outfit for a couple reasons but one of the main reasons was that this adorable outfit, all together only cost me about $40. The necklace was $10 and the dress was about $30. I think it's really important for every girl to remember that even though brand items are fun to own, you can look just as fabulous for cheap.

2. Glitz & Glamour: 
This outfit was actually the exact same outfit that I wore for my 8th grade graduation a few years ago. Although I had already worn it, the shiny, glitzy fashion lured its way out of my closet and into these photos. With some big hair, a BCBG disco ball dress (purchased on a triple sale), and some shiny, mirror like shoes, Miranda was transformed from girl to goddess.
 

3. Paramore Homecoming: 
This look was actually the look that Miranda chose to wear tonight to homecoming and it's also my personal favorite. We decided to go a bit gothic, but still look classy and the look just came together perfectly. Miranda wore a velvet dress from Buffalo Exchange, BCBG heels, my mom's earrings, and minimal makeup (but smoky eyes). The look was perfectly minimalistic and I, along with Miranda, loved it.

4. Call Me Ms. Monroe:
This outfit was purely inspired by Marilyn Monroe. The red and red on red, along with the wind-blown hair gave the look a little 20's glamour and made the outfit come to life. We paired a red dress from Anthropologie, Steve Madden shoes, and red lipstick together to recreate the look of Ms. Monroe herself. The dress that we used was made of a thick, cotton fabric that made it seem like the dress was made out of a carpet-like material. This was such a fun outfit to put together and put on Miranda (especially with the need of wind-blown hair).

I hope you all have an amazing time at your homecomings and if you use any of these ideas when you go, be sure to email me at frompalomawithlove@gmail.com and I'll post it on my facebook page!
xoxo, Paloma

2 comments:

  1. All of these are so cute! The red dress is stunning!! My school doesn't even have a homecoming hahaha, actually a lot of my schools around my area don't have homecoming dances... But my school also doesn't have prom king or queen... but I like it that way cause there is no popularity contest or campaigning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a really cool idea! I agree, sometimes it's tiring to have that competition and constant popularity showdown. Thank you though! The dress is my personal favorite!

    ReplyDelete