Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Part 2 of Fall/Winter Finds

Happy Tuesday and sorry for the slightly late post! I have just returned from walking to Rubio's with my friends Miranda and Priya dressed as nuns, and of course it would be just my luck that I would run into someone from my school. Nevertheless, besides from the many stares we received, it was incredibly fun and I recommend it for anyone. Now on the post! Little side note, the jean jacket is not pictured because my mom has it and I do not know where it is, but all the other items from my last post are here along with a few new ones!
I decided to showcase these pieces by putting them into fall-themed outfits that I, myself would wear. Delilah modeled them for me and I hope you all enjoy!
Look One: Forever 21 overalls, shirt from Nordstrom's, Boots from Forever 21, and various jewelry. 
I love this look and I think it's the perfect way to wear these overalls. Overalls are normally pretty hard to wear without looking too farm-girlish, and this look comes out looking modern and chic. I love the shirt and I would recommend that if you wear overalls, you wear them with a structured shirt that isn't too casual or ratty. If you want to take it in the farm direction then I would recommend some cowboy boots and braids, otherwise try some cute crop-tops or tees with some sandals or boots (like the ones pictured).





Look Two: Leopard Print Jacket from H&M, Jeans from Target,  and Boots from Forever 21.
I know that mixing prints is normally considered a sin in the fashion world but this combo seems to work (at least in my mind). If you aren't a fan of mixing prints then I would recommend wearing a leopard print top like this with some basic jeans/shorts, or skirts. But if you are a fan of the wild side (aka mixing prints) I would recommend that mix this particular print with a floral print or with some pastel colors. This would create a successful mix without overshadowing the sweater and taking away that rawr factor.



Look Three: Shirt from Zara, Skirt from American Apparel, Sweater from Target, and Boots from Forever 21. 
Delilah happened to slightly resemble Wednesday Addams in these pictures, but besides from that the outfits screams fall. From the cozy sweater to the velvet skirt, this outfit makes me want to cuddle up with some hot coco and watch a Disney movie. Unfortunately it's about 85 degrees here in SoCal (too hot for coco)  so I'm going to have to just stick to the outfit. I love this outfit and if it would *hopefully* become really cold, I would even pair this outfit with tights (patterned?). Tights or no tights this outfit is super cute and comfortable and would make a great misty-morning-damp-grass/mood outfit.






I hope you all enjoyed the second segment of Fall/Winter Finds! I will be unable to post on Saturday due to the fact I have an all day conference, but I will be back again next Tuesday.
Unless....MAYBE if I get a ton of feedback on this outfit I'll post on Sunday on the LA County Fair...maybe...

xoxo, Paloma

4 comments:

  1. I love how you mixed the prints! Delilah is sooooo pretty too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the mixed prints in the second outfit is awesome <3 and the third outfit is perfect! The cardigan and shirt are too cute and they go perfect together :D And I love your hairdo milkmaid braid things in the first 2 outfits <3

    ReplyDelete