Saturday, October 26, 2013

From Day To Night

Hi everyone! First I'd like to start off by thanking you all for the 8k! It means a lot that people actually voluntarily visit my site and so thanks for that! Second, I'd like to apologize for not posting last Saturday or last Tuesday. Thirdly, I'd like to introduce today's post! I took the idea that I got in a comment a while ago about doing a post about day-to-night outfits but I decided to add a twist to it. Instead of doing a whole outfit that you transfer from day to night, I decided to focus on just one item, and that item ended up being shorts. Delilah and I each did our own take on this idea and I'll explain what is what for each, but let's begin:
P's Day-to-Night: 
For my day to night look I decided to start off with loose shorts I bought at a flea market, and add different elements to it to fit it for either the daytime or the night. For the daytime look, I added suspender tights (Topshop, $16), my friend's black tank top (Topshop, n/a), doc martens (Journey's, $130), and a long free people cardigan (Free People, $70). I kept the makeup simple, but this look was a look that I would probably wear to school just because the layers worked really well and the look was comfortable and casual. Then for the night look, I removed all of the other items besides the shorts and instead added a lace button up (H&M, $15), BCBG shoes (Nordstrom's, $90), and a sequined jacket (Buffalo Exchange, $12). This look was probably a look I'd wear to a party (when I'm 20) just because it probably wouldn't be socially accepted haha. No I'd probably still wear it because I really liked it.

D's Day to Night: 
Delilah decided to go with a more gothic style, so she decided to make her base piece black shorts from Brandy Melville. For her day look she took the shorts and added a salmon top (H&M, $20), a flannel (her mom's, n/a), polka-dot tights (American Apparel, $10), and riding boots (Nordstrom's, $40). She looked her look due to the fact that the tights and the flannel worked together and didn't clash or make her outfit seem joke-ish. For her night look she decided to add my friends black shirt (Topshop, n/a), a leather jacket (Free People, $75), and silver heels (Nine West, $35). She added a touch of color in her bright red lipstick. Out of the two of us, I'm normally the one to wear black, but she really rocked her look.

 
Until Tuesday!
xoxo, Paloma

p.s. try to read this entire post out loud in a british accent

2 comments: