Tuesday, October 29, 2013

From Paloma with Halloween

Halloween is almost here and it suddenly dawned on me that between school, friends, and my little baby the blog, I've had no time to think of or prepare a costume. I realized that this was probably the case for many other people, and so for that reason I decided to make today's post about Halloween and different costumes ideas! The ideas the I came up with aren't very original to begin with but I added my own little touch to kind of make them more original. Now without further ado, I present to you all, From Paloma with Love's Halloween Post.
1. Mermaid: 
This is personally one of my favorite things in life and therefore was one of my favorite pieces. I started with trying to ocean-ize my makeup by adding concealer to my lips to completely rid my mouth of all natural color. This is a really fun thing to do, but you have to make sure that it looks natural, as well as that you don't swallow or eat the makeup. For my mermaid costume spinoff I decided to take a neon pink cropcrop top ($15, American Apparel), floral patterned silk pants ($25, Forever 21), silver heels (Nine West), along with various necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. The overall look was not as mermaid-like as I would've hoped but it still, in my opinion, resembled a mermaid idea.

2. Cat:
Alright so we all know that the idea of a cat isn't very original or new to the Halloween fashion books. But for some reason, that was exactly what compelled me to try it out on here. The basic idea of the cat look is black clothes and cat ears. Unfortunately I don't actually own cat ears so I had to improvise. For my look I channeled a bit of 20's glamor. With my mom's vintage jumpsuit, BCBG heels (Nordstroms), and bright red lipstick (don't forget the face makeup), I probably ended up looking closer to a 25 year old than I did to a cat. Nevertheless, this jumper and the heels, is one of the most confident building outfit that a girl can wear. It smooths out every bump and curve and it truly makes you feel flawless, or like Marilyn Monroe.

3. Minnie Mouse:
Although it's very childish, and probably way overused, the idea of Minnie Mouse compelled me to turn myself into a human harajuku doll (or attempt to). I added more cartoon-ish makeup to my eyes, along with making my lips a very light pink. To make myself seem more Minnie Mouse ish, I wore a black and white polka dot top (Heavenly Couture, $16), pink polka dot shorts ($10, farmers market), and my bright red creepers (these shoes are actually so dangerous, they made me bleed). The outfit, along with the basic Minnie Mouse ears that are able to be purchased at any Disney store, made me honestly feel like a 10 year old.

Have a great Halloween and I'll see you all on Saturday!
xoxo, Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment