Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cat Smoothie

Happy Tuesday and I'd like to apologize for not posting on Saturday! But I'm back again today with a post that has a title that probably sounds like I eat cats (which I don't. I happen to love cats). The true meaning behind today's title, along with the goal of this post, is to show everyone how to mix cat prints (like leopard or cheetah) with other prints. We've all heard how mixing and matching prints can be difficult, but this is even harder to do when you involve the cat prints. So today, with the help of Julia and Reilly, we are going to journey into the safari and see what we can come up with.
Julia:
To start with, I decided to make Julia's hair and makeup pop out a little more than normal. To do this, I took her already wavy hair and curled and crimped a few strands to make her hair seem bigger and a bit more mane like. For her makeup, I used a palette of purples to accent her skin tone, and the effect looked stunning. Then for the outfit I decided to make it less school appropriate and more like something that you would see in a fashion spread in a magazine. To get this look I took a cheetah print dress, layered it with a floral silver and gold skirt (Forever 21, $25), BCBG shoes (Nordstroms), layered necklaces, and a jacket from Charlotte Russe. The look screamed cheetahlicious and yes that is a reference to the Cheetah Girls movie.


Reilly:
For Reilly's look, since she has a lighter skin tone than Julia, I wanted to make her hair and makeup float around like a little fairy would. For her makeup, I used a gold and light pink palette and used gold eye liner to make her eyes shimmer even more. For her hair I lightly curled ringlets at the bottom of her hair and brushed them out so that they didn't look stiff. For her outfit, I decided to take the more casual route by adding a floral print dress (Brandy Melville, $20), a cheetah print sweater (Forever 21), Steve Madden heels (Steve Madden stores), assorted necklaces, and a farmer like jacket from Anthropologie. I didn't want to make it too casual but at the same time I wanted to dress her up enough to make it seem as if she was actually dressing up. The look was very layered and had many clashing prints but overall, she looked gorgeous.


I hope you all enjoyed today's post and the idea of mixing cheetah or leopard print other prints! Auvoir and I'll see you all on Saturday
xoxo, Paloma

2 comments:

  1. mah frens are so pretty always and paloma youre so so talented oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete