Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Miscellaneous Event

I hope you are all having a great Saturday, and are enjoying your three-day weekend. For today's post, I used the book What to Wear, Where by the girls who do the blog Who, What, Wear. This book is my absolute favorite and always has been, so if you haven't heard of it, I would definitely recommend that you get it. So when  my three models for today (Maddy, Jessie, and Priya) came over, I had them look through the book and pick a miscellaneous event. Priya choose Girl's Night Out, Jessie choose Polo Races , and Maddy choose Rainy Day. From then, once they chose their event or outing, I put together hair, makeup, and an outfit that I thought would suit that event best.
Jessie's Polo Races
Per Jessie's choice, I decided that I would model her look off of the British style of going to the races. For her makeup I started off with a gold and silver eye shadow pallet to accent her hair and her skin tone. I then added gold liquid eyeliner and basic black mascara just to make her eyes shimmer. For her hair, I curled the tips to make her hair seem flippy, and then put some flower clips in her hair to keep her dainty little hat on her head. For her outfit, I went with a floral dress from Macy's and my little sister's sparkled flats. The flats and the dress together made the outfit seem quirky and cute and less serious than it normally is.
Priya's GNO:
Considering Priya chose a more wild look, I was able to push the limits a bit more. For her makeup, i decided to use a green and slightly purple pallet to complement her skin tone and her eyes. I also added blue liquid eyeliner and basic black mascara to complete the look. I also added some dark lip color for more affect. For her hair, considering she has such perfect ringlets, I decided to keep her hair the same, although we eventually put them up in "fun buns" (i.e. Miley Cyrus). For her outfit, I decided to pair a velvet red crop top with basic high waisted shorts. I then added a silk red and gold shirt from Bali and silver shoes. The look overall was very very party-ish, without it being too much.


 Maddy's Rainy Day:
Maddy only wanted to do makeup, so for her rainy day look, I went all out. I started with a grey and silver pallet on her eyes. I then added black liquid eyeliner and black mascara to darken her eyelashes. I added light silver eyeshadow on the inner parts of her eyes to brighten the whites in her eyes, and I added darker grey on the sides to give the allusion of a smokey eye. Considering her hair is already in such perfect ringlets, I added a silver headband to add a little sparkle to it. Finally, I had her change into a dark blue sweater to complete her rainy day look.


I hope you all enjoyed the miscellaneous of today's post and I'll see you all on Tuesday!
Oh, and thank you for the 9.5K!
xoxo, Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment