Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Yellow Brick Road Peacoat

To return to the basics of this blog, I decided to simplify today's blog and make it more about the actual elements of an outfit, and less about the flouncy aspects. For this reason, I'm going to focus only on one outfit, instead of putting together two or three. So here we go, today's post is an outfit that I see myself wearing when I'm 19 years old living in London. Whether or not this will actually ever happen is to be determined but it's something that I'm aiming for. So without further ado, here is Tuesday's blog post.
For this outfit, I decided to go relatively simple by layering my black dress from Heavenly Couture with a lace/ruffle black slip and adding pink heels and my new yellow (like a canary) peacoat. Alas, it is considered a crop peacoat considering it isn't too long and has three -quarter length sleeves. This look reminded me of a more urban take on business attire, as well as reminding me of something I would see on the (now canceled) show, Pan Am. I wanted this outfit to look as simplistic as possible, without forgoing any type of creativity. The creativity came in two ways: the makeup and the shoes and peacoat.
My makeup could be perceived as gothic or dark, but when paired with the bright pieces, the makeup didn't seem so heavy. First, for my eyeshadow, I used dark matte gold on my eyelids. I used this as a type of foundation for my eyes, which I then layered with different shades of the same palette to create a smokey eye look. I used a dark brown color in my creases to further define my eyes and a light gold color on the inner part of my eyes to brighten the whites of my eyes. I then layered on black liquid eyeliner and sha-lacked my eye lashes with mascara. For my lips, I first put on lip stain and then added some blood-red lipstick and some purple lipstick to further darker my lips. Once the pout became as pout-y-est as it could get, my look was done.
Lastly, in order to complete my look, I needed to add a little something extra to finish it all off. And this bracelet from my mother was the icing on the cake. It's a wrap bracelet so it ensure to always stay on your arm, but it also is made of cloth and beads, ensuring that it never stabs you or hurts you in any way.





I hope you all enjoyed today's post!
xoxo, Paloma

2 comments: