Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bindi Saturday

Happy Saturday! Today's post is all about originality, in the sense that I had each of my model friends (Miranda, Kathryn, and Priya) choose their own outfits. What they choose reflected what they wanted to wear and even though I had a petite say in what they choose, it was mostly them. Today started out as a day of us doing our English project, but overtime it evolved into a FPWL day.
To begin with, Miranda choose two basic pieces for her outfit. She choose a green and white floral shirt, loose cutoff shorts, a fabric belt, and BCBG shoes. To complement her choices, I used a dark brown and gold palette for her eyes, and left her lips neutral. We left her hair pretty natural besides from straightening a few locks, and we completed the look with a bindi (courtesy of Priya).

For Kathryn's outfit, she decided to take a fancier approach. For her outfit she decided to wear a red velvet crop top, a black and white patterned skirt, and white converse. For her makeup, due to the fact she has lighter skin, I decided to use a light brown and dark gold palette. Along with straightening her hair, I used a dark red lip on her to bring out the brown in her dark hair. Finally to complete her look she added an Indian hair piece and a bindi.

For Priya's look she decided to go a bit more casual, but also added a little coachella-like twist. For her outfit, she chose a basic black t-shirt, a ripped denim jacket, patterned shorts, and nude platform sandals. Due to the fact that she has dark hair I used a dark green and brown palette on her eyes and left her lips nude. Priya is born with tight ringlets (which are gorgeous) but we decided to try and straighten it. As a final touch, she added a bindi to her forehead. Also, because I'm incredibly stupid, I forgot to get a close up of her makeup.

Finally, for my look, I decided to pair a dark purple/red long sleeve with high waisted floral shorts and my BCBG heels. I copied Miranda with the makeup, minus I used more gold tones on my eyes than on hers due to the fact that my hair is a little more orange-y. For my lips I used a bright red lipstick and I tried to straighten my hair. And of course, I added a bindi to complete the look.
I hope you all enjoyed today's post and I'll see you all again on Tuesday!
xoxo, Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment