Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Effortless Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! I'd like to start off by saying thank you. This weekend I reached 10,000 views which was one of the goals that I made for myself to have by summer, but thanks to all of you, I reached my goal seven months early. I'd also like to thank all my friends and everyone around me for always being so supportive of this and being so kind and just amazing. So today's post is dedicated to all of you who like what I do and continue to look at it.
Now to start the post: today's post is about taking the most random pieces in your closet and finding a way to put it all together in a presentable manner. From what we see of it in the media, it always looks insanely easy (i.e. models off the job, any celebrity, tumblr, instagram). It's always some picture perfect girl who looks like she just threw on something random, but still manages to look like a million dollars. So that was today's goal; to find a way to bring some reality to this.
To begin with, the idea of looking completely put together without trying really doesn't need to require a lot of effort. Although you could go the route of stressing and running around your room throwing clothes everywhere like a madman, it is quite easier to do it the relaxed way. The relaxed way is basically just doing three simple steps: 1) organize, 2) think, 3) review. For step one, first organize all the clothes that you might want to wear to make sure that you aren't digging around your room at the last minute to find that shirt. Step two, think about what you will be doing and what you absolutely cannot wear for that occasion. For example, if you are planning to go to a nice restaurant, you absolutely cannot wear ripped old jeans (no matter how comfortable they are). Step three is to review, and what I mean by that, is once you've chosen your outfit, put it on and review it. Does it fit you right? Is it dirty? Once you have successfully done all three of these steps, you should be good to go. Of course, if you actually plan on using this three step trick, make sure you alter it to fit your specific needs. And remember, just because you don't think you look effortless and like a million dollars, doesn't mean that the rest of the population agrees with you.
For my effortless (but some effort) outfit, I decided to pair a floral dress (Brandy Melville), with a grey crop tank top (Forever 21), some fishnet tights, my friend's vintage jean jacket, and my red boots (Topshop) together. I also added a large chunky necklace and various rings to the outfit to "up" the effortless factor. Overall, the outfit looked effortless and it didn't even take that long to put together.
 
xoxo, Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment