Tuesday, November 26, 2013

London Winter Lookbook

Hello lovelies! I hope you all are having a fantastic week and although I was unable to post on Saturday due to traveling, I'm back with a new British post for this week. I'm calling this post British because the clothes that we picked, resemble something you might see in London. Sophia played my lovely sidekick for today's post and between the two of us, we each wore three different outfits. We wanted to incorporate all things winter-y, while still having a sort of edge.

For Sophia's first outfit, she put together wide legged-high waisted light wash jeans (Urban Outfitters), a velvet long sleeve black crop top (American Apparel), black doc martens, and a maroon beanie (Journeys) to create a very gothic yet chic look. We wanted her hair to be as big as possible so we curled it and curled it to try and create an un-tameable mane. For her makeup, we left her eyes pretty natural, but to create a pouty look, we added dark pink and red lipstick to make her lips look larger than life.
For my first look I decided to take a more tom-boy approach to a winter look by pairing together denim cutoffs (Vintage), a man's white t-shirt (Journeys), a leather jacket (Free People), doc martins, long grey socks (American Apparel) and a grey beanie. I wanted my look to seem effortless and collected at the same time but considering the outfit was a bit dull, I added a deep maroon lip with black eye liner and gold eyelashes on my eyes. The eye makeup made my eyes seem more pronounced and more defined without being too overbearing or gothic.
For Sophia's next look she combined a bit of Brandy Melville and a bit of layering to create a summer/winter combination. She paired together black shorts (Brandy Melville), a crop top (Brandy Melville), patterned tights (American Apparel), a maroon cardigan (American Eagle) a leather jacket (Free People), and doc martens. Her outfit might be considered a bit cold for winter wear but overall, it is very cute and functional. For her makeup, we defined her eyes a bit more and added a bit more mascara to her bottom lashes. For her lips, we made them a bit more red so that they wouldn't blend in with her cardigan as much.

For my second outfit, I decided to test out my skills at layering and decided to layer a long black maxi (American Apparel) dress with a woven sweater (Forever 21- still in stores!), long grey socks (American Apparel) and doc martens. Although saying (or I guess typing) that sounds a little strange, it isn't something to be weary of (necessarily). Although it might seem a bit bulky and heavy, the outfit wasn't actually too bulky and was actually the opposite. For my makeup, I added my lovely fake nose ring and added a bit more of a sparkle to my lips (hello lipgloss).

For Sophia's final outfit, she decided to channel her inner mad hatter and paired a black flowy gothic tank top (Free People) with blue checkered jeans (Forever 21- still in stores!) and her docs. We wanted to change up her hair from her normal wavy goddess hair, so we decided to put it up into a messy bun so that the focus of the outfit could go more to her jeans. We left her makeup the same due to the fact that it suited her so well.
And finally, for my final outfit, I decided to pair a grey knit crop top (Brandy Melville) with loose floral pants (Forever 21) and my doc martens to get a winter look that is probably better suited for California than London. Nevertheless it is a winter look. I was about to pair my leather jacket with it but I decided not to considering it is already pictured. I had Sophia create a ton of ringlets on my head (Carrie Bradshaw curls) and I left my makeup the same as the previous images and outfits.
I hope you all enjoyed today's post and I have a special announcement to make so stay tuned...
Ok so for my "special announcement" I was wondering if there was anyone that would want to guest write or guest blog for FPWL. If you are interested or want to do it, you can email me your post at frompalomawithlove@gmail.com and if I think it's a good post then I'll publish it. It does have to fit certain requirements, such as: nothing inappropriate, no swear words, at least two pictures, and three paragraphs. If you email me one and I do not publish it I will email you back about why I didn't and what you could change in order to have it published!
That's all for today!
xoxo, Paloma

2 comments: