Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Prom pt 2

Hi everyone! Although I said that I would do the second part of my prom post last Tuesday, I realized that none of my friends (including me) wanted to publicly show off our dresses and outfits for prom until after prom. So I decided to postpone the second part of the prom post until today, so that I can show you all what fashionable decisions were made for prom.
Considering I love saving money and deals, I decided to rent my prom dress from Rent the Runway. I rented a HervĂ© Leger dress for $40 (the retail was $1400) and I absolutely loved it. If any of you ever need a fancy dress for a short amount of time, and you don't want to pay a ton, I seriously recommend Rent the Runway. For the rest of my outfit, I wore black stiletto heels from Charlotte Russe ($25), and earrings and a necklace from my mom's closet. To top off the outfit, I matched my nails to my lips and wore neon pink lipstick (Fuchsia Flash from Maybelline). I felt very mod in my dress, considering the neon makeup and the flare waist, and I loved it all. I absolutely loved my prom look, and luckily my date Ollie, was able to match his bowtie to my dress. 
To help show some variety, I will also show you what some of my friends wore to prom. My friend Arley (who could be considered a blonde mirror image of me) decided to take a slightly more formal approach and wear a long blue dress from BCBG (which was absolutely stunning on her). She paired this with simple makeup and nails, and a pale pink flower necklace as a sort of statement piece. With Arley's dress, considering it was so simple and elegant, you honestly cannot go wrong with any sort of accessory or any type of makeup.
As for my lovely friend Jordan, she took another approach; the fuchsia approach. Jordan wore a gorgeous fuchsia pink dress, which she retouched to its perfection. She paired this dress with bedazzled sandals and a simple necklace. To finish it all off, she wore her hair up in a simple updo, and wore light pink lipstick. With a bright dress such as Jordan's, it is important that you do not overdo the dress with too many accessories or too heavy of makeup. If your dress attracts attention, let it speak for itself.
Although I wasn't able to get really in-depth about all the various prom looks, I hope you all enjoyed seeing what I saw at prom and got some ideas on different prom looks and how to wear them!
xoxo, Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment